This is a family-owned and operated drive through coffee stand that has been established for over 20 years. Every morning, this coffee stand serves a variety of premium coffee, espresso, smoothies, pastries, and bagel sandwiches to its loyal customers. The business is open from 5 AM to 1 PM Mondays through Fridays. The owner works there daily. After 20 years, the owner is relocating to another State. This is a wonderful opportunity to build upon the existing reputation, location, and loyal clientele and grow the business to the next level. The equipment value includes ownership of the building, not the land. Please note that no bikini baristas are allowed at this location.
The coffee stand is located on a busy street in Tukwila, Washington, which is not subject to the $15 minimum wage law in the City of Seattle. There are lots of nearby businesses and commuters that drive by the road. The conditions of the building and equipment are good. The premise is 397 square feet. The rent is $1,200 per month. The lease is currently on month-to-month. The landlord is willing to sign a lease based on the following conditions:
* 4-year lease with possible negotiations at the end for rolling in to a year-to-year. No options of renewal granted upfront.
* $1,200 per month for the first year. Rent increases for the next 3 years with the percentage increase set by the landlord.
* No bikini bar or such theme allowed.
* Hours possibly could be extended daily with the future possibility of weekends based on okay from other tenant.
* Tenant will be responsible for a portion of the electric bill.
* Usual background checks, review of financials, personal guarantees on the lease (depending on financials and references). These requirements would also lend to the issue of having access to the larger tenant's premises.
Competition / Market Pros & Cons
There is a good percentage of the population that would rather get their morning cup of coffee everyday from a local, family-owned stand than a multinational corporation such as Starbucks. The unique menu, friendly customer service, and outstanding reputation set this business apart from the competition.
Growth and Expansion Pros & Cons
This business is ready for a new owner who brings fresh energy and marketing ideas. Perhaps a frequent buyer program could be started. Perhaps menu combos could be promoted to encourage ordering multiple items at a time. Perhaps corporate meeting catering could be added. With a new owner who is willing to invest more time and energy into growing the business, the possibilities are endless.
Support / Training Available
The seller would be happy to train. Details negotiable.